Welcome to the Witchcraft Times with news from the pagan community.
Starting with an important thank-you to the many people who have continued to support Children of Artemis, even with the cancellation of Witchfest International 2018. Without your support we would not exist today and even this email publication would not happen. To all the people who gave generously, renewed their memberships and/or attended Witchfest Midlands and the Witchfest Market in Reading we give our thanks, you ensured our work goes on, and allowed us time to bring Witchfest International back to Fairfield Halls. I hope to thank you all in person in November.
On a sadder note I am sorry to announce the passing of a young and vibrant member of our community in the form of Sarah Kay, we have lost a true friend and she will be greatly missed.
In Loving Memory of Sarah Louise Kay
In Loving Remembrance of SARAH LOUISE KAY Who passed suddenly and unexpectedly from a brain haemorrhage on January 5th 2019 aged 26.
She walked lightly through her life with a quiet calm and gentle grace, a beautiful and compassionate soul, kind, thoughtful and loved by all who met her. She worked tirelessly all her adult life behind the scenes serving the Pagan community, never seeking reward or credit.
Sarah touched thousands of lives, many whom may never know her name, through her work with the Doreen Valiente Foundation, the Centre for Pagan Studies, Pagan Pride UK, Nottingham Pagan Network and the Pagan & Heathen Symposium. Sarah is greatly missed and will remain deeply cherished by her family, her partner, Ashley, her brothers and sisters of the Craft and by the wider pagan community whom she loved and served.
Shine on, Sarah, bright Fenix Flame.
Early Bird Tickets for Witchfest International until end of the March
Early bird tickets are only available until the end of March, so book now!
Witchfest International is back in London at it’s traditional home at Fairfield Halls in Croydon on the 9th November 2019. With a freshly refurnished building and additional space available it will be bigger and better than before.
Kate West has agreed to speak at the event, and will join an already awesome bill including: Prof Ronald Hutton, Maxine Sanders, Pete Jennings, Rachel Patterson and many more, check https://witchfest.net/events/witchfest-international for latest details.
Bands include: Mediaeval Baebes , The Dolmen, Damh the Bard, Green Fortune, Paul Mitchell,.
Tickets Available for Wicca Introduced Midlands on 23rd March
There are a limited number of tickets left for The Children of Artemis two day weekend Introductory Wiccan course in Rugeley running from 9am until 5.30pm each day.
With an option to socialise with new friends at a pub afterwards, the course will include a complete overview of this enthralling subject, expertly taught by experienced tutors from CoA Central. There will be a wide variety of practical demonstrations, talks, discussions and group activities.
Book for Wicca Introduced Glastonbury on 7th April
There are tickets left for Wicca Introduced in Glastonbury. This course includes the option to explore the Chalice Well gardens during the lunchtime break. The Children of Artemis two day weekend introductory Wiccan course in Glastonbury running from 9am until 5.30pm each day. With an option to socialise with new friends at a pub afterwards, the course will include a complete overview of this enthralling subject, expertly taught by experienced tutors from CoA Central. There will be a wide variety of practical demonstrations, talks, discussions and group activities.
Book Now for Witchfest Midlands 2019, over half the tickets are sold already.
Over 70% of the tickets for Witchfest Midlands have already been sold, so buy your ticket soon.
The event will far exceed the size of the sell out show last year with more space, for both talks and the market.
The list of speakers at Midlands 2019 is even more impressive with both National and Local experts represented in the line up. Speakers include Prof. Ronald Hutton, Emma Restall-Orr, Kate West, Damh the Bard, Pete Jennings, Rachel Patterson and many many more. With music from Damh the Bard, Inkubus Sukkubus, and Green Fortune, the entertainment just keeps getting better. For tickets and the latest details click the button below.
Artemis Gathering 2019 has an amazing new home
Artemis Gathering has moved to an amazing new home in Staffordshire after over ten years in northern Oxfordshire. The new venue has more showers, toilets, and double the amount of space, It is set in a beautiful wooded area, and we are sure you will all love it. We even have a main hall as the central building replacing the marquee we have been uxsing for the past 7 years.
The Artemis Gathering is an amazing Pagan camp held over a long weekend on the 23rd – 26th August. There are talks, workshops, live bands, Fire performers, an awesome Fire Sculpture, a late night rock club, the Artemis bar, and the ever popular Artemis Cafe. Once you have setup your tent you can relax as everything you need is here with food, drink entertainment and a packed schedule of events the whole weekend. All events are included in the single entry price making this unbelievable value. The Artemis Gathering has a friendly family atmosphere set in 98 beautiful acres of the Staffordshire countryside.The event has catering & bar facilities for vegetarians, & omnivores. Talks and workshops are held in buildings and marquees on site, or in the open depending on the weather.
Write an Article for Witchcraft & Wicca Magazine
Witchcraft & Wicca Magazine is looking for more contributers! Our magazine is completely produced by volunteers and is read by thousands of people! Have an article you wish to submit? You can email it to [email protected] Have some amazing images to share? Let us know, we are always looking for new photographs and artwork for the cover and to illustrate articles. The deadline for the next magazine is end the 31st of March
Witchfest Midlands Presents an evening with Inkubus Sukkubus
Witchfest Midlands is presenting another pagan concert with the premier UK pagan goth rock/acoustic band Inkubus Sukkubus.. The event will ne held as the Rose Theatre, Rugeley, on the 26th October 2019. Tickets are only £10
Witchcraft & Wicca Magazine
The latest edition issue 30 of Witchcraft and Wicca magazine is available both from our online store and over the counter in selected stores around the UK.
CoA brand LucyFurr BrightStar moves onto Etsy and Amazon Hand Made
Pagan made items from the Lucy Furr range are now available on Amazon and Etsy helping to make a positive statement for our community in arenas where we would not normally be represented.
Advertising your local Gathering or Moot
If you have a local meeting, whether a Gathering or Moot, you can have it featured in a future edition of the Witchcraft Times. All you need to do is send details to us using the contact link, and we will place a free advert here for you at the earliest opportunity
Get Witchcraft & Wicca Magazine in your local Store
If you would like Witchcraft and Wicca to be sold at your local new age/pagan/occult shop, ask the owner to contact us at to be added to our list of stockists.
• Witches of London CoA Gathering: The first Children of Artemis Gathering to be established in the UK. This Friendly social evening is open to all Pagan Paths as well as those who wish to seek a coven plus those covens that wish to recruit will be welcome. We will be meeting on the third Tuesday of each month at the back bar of the Cittie of Yorke at 22 High Holborn, London. WC1V 6BS Starting for 7.30 onwards. For more details you can email [email protected] or go to the official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/coawitchesoflondon/
• West Wiltshire CoA Gathering: Local Gathering in West Wiltshire. We will meet on the first Tuesday of every month at the Swan Hotel, 1 Church Street, Bradford-on-Avon, BA15 1LN at around 7PM.Everyone is welcome to come along we have the little room at the front of the pub reserved for us so feel free to join us. For more details you can like the page https://www.facebook.com/coawwiltshiregathering/ or email [email protected]
• Treefold Okehampton CoA Gathering: We meet at The Highwaymans Inn, Sourton, Devon. EX20 8HN every third Thursday evening of the month at 7.30pm. All paths welcomed to an interesting and varied, relaxed and informal meeting, For more information you can email [email protected] or the official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Okehamptongathering
• Bishops Stortford CoA Gathering: Is held at Castle Public House, Bishops Stortford, Herts, on the third Monday of the every month from 8PM. Come along and join us, we have a different subject every month. For more information you can use the Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/coabishopsstortfordgathering/
• So Moot it Be: The meeting is held on the last Tuesday of the month at the Good Intent Pub, 3 John Street, Rochester, ME1 1YL. We meet up at 7.30pm to start at 8pm, so there is plenty of time to mix and meet with your friends. For more details you can check the official website: http://mayeve.co.uk/ or their facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/somootitbe/
• The Hobbit Social Gathering – Southampton: Every fourth Friday of the month, meeting at around 7.30pm at The Hobbit Pub, 134 Bevois Valley Road, SO14 0JZ Southampton. A good old get-together hosted by Southampton Witches with a friendly atmosphere and very welcoming. Everyone welcome to join in. For more details just have a look at Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSouthamptonWitches/ or the Page: https://www.facebook.com/coasouthamptonwitches.
• The Chi Monthly Gathering – Portsmouth: Every third Thursday of the month, meeting at around 7.30pm at Chi coffee. 146 London Rd. Portsmouth. PO2 9DJ.A good old get-together hosted by Southampton Witches with a different topic every month, everyone welcome to join in. For more details just have a look at Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSouthamptonWitches/ or the Page: https://www.facebook.com/coasouthamptonwitches
• CoA Rugby & Daventry Gatherings – Friendly and welcoming pagan Gathering meeting every 2nd Wednesday of the Month from 7PM at the Seven Stars Pub, 40 Albert Square, Rugby CV21 2SH. For more information you can check the official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/coarugbydaventrygatherings/ or join the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/735387406599616/
• CoA Divine Moon Moot – Meeting on a Saturday from 12 noon at the family room at The Towers Walsall Rd, Great Barr B42 1EY, dates and location can vary dependent on the activity we have arranged for the meeting, so please do check our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/coadivinemoonmoot/ or email at [email protected] for the exact date and more details.
• Stoke Central CoA Moot – Meeting on the second Wednesday of the month, starting at 7:00pm at the upstairs room at The White Star in Stoke. Everyone is welcome to join us!!! For more information you can like our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/stokecoamoot/ or join our group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/stokecentralmoot/
• CoA Mid Sussex Pagans- Social meeting in around Mid Sussex, meeting on the first Thursday of the month. Venues are changeable so please do contact us if you wish to attend to make sure you go the right place! You can either message this page or email us at [email protected] From us you can expect a nice and informal meeting and everyone is welcome to join us. Once we are up and running we will start thinking about rituals for Sabbats/Esbats so like our page to be up to date with all the news: https://www.facebook.com/Coamidsussex/
• Worthing Pagan Moot – – Friendly and welcoming meeting on every second Wednesday of the month, 8pm at The Vine, Tarring. Join their group to keep up to dates with all the news: https://www.facebook.com/groups/444764955938470/
• Dundee Pagan Moot – pagans and pagan friendly folk welcome. Meeting dates vary and will be updated on the group page. Find us on https://www.facebook.com/groups/DundeePaganMoot/ :
• Central Lincoln CoA Gathering: Friendly and welcoming pagan Gathering meeting every 1st Tuesday of the Month from 7.30PM at the Dog & Bone, John Street, Lincoln, LN2 5BH. For more information you can check us at https://www.facebook.com/pg/lincolncentralgathering/
• Banbury Wheatsheaf CoA Gathering: We meet every month on the second Monday at the Wheatsheaf in Banbury. You will be able to find us in the back room of the pub for a friendly social evening. Everyone is welcome to join in regardless of your path, and good conversation about pagan topics and the craft is guaranteed. If you are in the area do not be shy and join us! See you there! To stay up to date with all the new just like our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/banburygathering
• Sunderland CoA Pagan Moot: We meet every 1st Thursday of the month from 7.30pm in the downstairs room at the Ship Isis on no 26 Silksworth Row. Everyone is welcome to join in! We mainly host a social evening where you can spend time with likeminded individuals but also have the occasional workshop. Feel free to contact us on our email address: [email protected] or find our Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/paganmoot.sunderland
* Sunderland Goddess Circle: Meeting on the 3rd Thursday of each month at the Crystal Moon Emporium, 52 Frederick Street, Sunderland, SR1 1NF. This meeting is open to all likeminded people following the Pagan path. More information at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/sunderlandgoddess
Support your local Gathering, or consider starting one
In the age of Facebook everything seems to happen online, actual meetings are so last year, or are they? Human contact and real life meetings are important, no matter how good a web site is, it cannot substitute for the real thing. The number of CoA Gatherings (local meetings) is steadily growing and there seems to be a real need for more. If you are lucky and have a local meeting in your area already, make the effort to attend. You will enjoy the experience and help to ensure the meeting survives. If people fail to turn up for a meeting the organisers become disillusioned and close it down, so it really is “use it or lose it”.
You should remember that local pagan meetings are frequently the first port of call for people new to paganism. The impression they get at that first encounter will help decide whether they continue on the path, or not, so it is a massive responsibility to get it right. We should be welcoming more people into our community and we can only do that if there is a local meeting that people can attend.
If you are not so lucky and there are no meetings in your area, it is simple to start one yourself. All you need is just one Children of Artemis Member and you can become an official CoA gathering, if you don’t have that just yet, you can still be registered as an independent meeting, just contact at [email protected] for details.
Children of Artemis – BM Artemis, London, WC1N 3XX
www.witchcraft.org – [email protected]
We only sent this message to people who have specifically requested it,
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, simply click on the following link Unsubscribe.
©2018 Children of Artemis. All rights reserved.